Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Great Divorce

   I am working on an extensive crisis research paper for my Media Programming class. Our assignment was to choose a crisis in the past two years and research on how the media covered it and the public relations efforts that were implemented. I thought about it, but it didn't take long for me to come up with what I thought was a HUGE crisis. Many people would choose something normal...the BP Oil Spill, the Toyota mess, the toy recalls...but I chose the most important...The Divorce of Jon and Kate Plus Eight! 


I mean, who can deny this was a huge crisis for America, for television, for TLC and for the family itself? I am in the process of researching the statements TLC released about the tabloid allegations and the statements released from Jon and Kate individually. 



Of course, I have my own opinions (Jon is a tool bag), like most people do, but it will be interesting to see how the media framed my opinions along with the public opinion. Until then, watch Kate plus Eight and stay tuned to be influenced on your opinion of Jon Gosselin!





1 comment: