Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Are You Smart Enough For Graduate School?

I have had the GRE scheduled for August 6 since May. Since May, I have not studied for this precious graduate school entrance exam. I have been planning on pushing it back until the end of September. When I went to reschedule it online at 1:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, I found out that I was an hour and a half too late to reschedule. It had to be done Monday by midnight. So, surprise! I am taking the GRE on Friday. That's right, 2 study days away. Except I am babysitting on Thursday, so correction: 1 study day away. I just did a set of 10 verbal questions. Here is my first one:




Choose one entry for each blank from the corresponding column of choices.


1. The Objectivist mantra, "A is A," is of course a (i)________ with which no logical person could disagree. The problem is that those who cite this axiom invariably proceed to substitute in different concepts for the first A and the second, in a feat of verbal (ii)________ worthy of a stage magician, and then proceed as if the interchangeability of these concepts is indisputable.


    (i)                   
filigree
tautology
quandary


    (ii)
peregrination
prestidigitation
peroration




Am I an idiot or does this sound like hog wash to you too? Looks like my 4 hour test on Friday is going to be a BLAST!
((disclaimer: I actually got this question right. A pure genius guess.))

No comments:

Post a Comment