I have a habit of getting on Facebook Sunday mornings before church, and every Sunday morning there are at least five new engagements on my NewsFeed. Basically, everyone wants to get engaged on a Saturday night (guys...come on. get more original) and by Sunday morning all the girls have put it on Facebook. So far this year I have received SIX "Save the Dates." I can't fit much more in my schedule and the more weddings I have, the smaller your wedding gifts get. So in the midst of this engagement frenzy and wedding planning craziness, I have thought of a few reasons why I am not in a hurry to get married.
21 reasons Rachael Gilbert is not getting married at 21:
1. You can walk into my bathroom and know it's not going to smell.
2. You can sleep horizontal in your bed.
3. You can eat all of the "dinner for two."
4. You can have girl nights without consulting anyone.
5. You can watch TLC without complaints.
6. You can spend your money on whatever you want.
7. No one sees what you look like first thing in the morning.
8. There's half the housework to do.
9. I don't like touching toilet seats.
10. You can have all the closet space.
11. There's no pressure to make the bed in the morning.
12. You don't have to trade miniskirts for minivans.
13. No one is financially stable yet.
14. I still have a lot of school left.
15. You'll never have another first date.
16. You can move to any city you want.
17. Weddings are expensive and I am broke.
18. Only your music plays in your house.
19. It doesn't matter if you burn dinner.
20. He might find out your crazy, or worse-you might find out there's actually someone crazier than you.
21. Because no one asked...
Disclaimer: Shout out to my boyfriend Kyle and all the weddings I am in this year. I still love you guys!