Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Unwanted Babies", Best Friends, Hips, Bachelors and Boyfriends...

Well, I found out people actually read my blog. I didn't post anything for a week and got 4 e-mails and a few comments from friends asking why I hadn't updated anything. I was surprised, but it's all about supply and demand, so here are a few highlights from my last week:
I feel like I have become an honorary member to the "mom's club" at the country club in Waco. I babysit 2 precious kids every Thursday and then randomly throughout the week. Katie is 6 and Jackson is 4 and they are the most entertaining part of my summer. We have become regulars at the country club pool and have lots of fun conversations in our many car rides like: why some girls are pregnant without being married, why I am old but don't have a baby in my tummy, how it's possible to have a baby in your tummy when you don't want it there, what to do with a baby in your tummy that you don't want, why I live with another girl at my apartment, why boys go potty standing up but girls sit down, why Kyle doesn't live with me, and my personal favorite...why do I "get" to wear a bra and Katie doesn't, even though we are both girls? These are very thought provoking questions and my simple answers usually just lead to more tough questions. They are smart kids and I am constantly fumbling over words to try and give them a good answer without too much information! We have lots of fun together. Their mom always acts excited when I say that I will come keep them, she should know by now that I will never say no.
Jackson's tiger face paint @ Kid's Day

Katie @ Kid's Day

Jackson and Katie @ the children's museum


This weekend I got to see my best friend, Rachel, for the first time all summer! She has been a camp counselor in Colorado and drove up to Waco on Saturday morning and we drove together to the lake house in New Braunfels. We spent Saturday floating the Comal River and Sunday we skied/wakeboarded on Canyon Lake. It was Rachel's first time to get up on the skis and she was a pro. We had a great time catching up. There were lots of laughs and memories made!
our grasshopper friend we found on the front porch

on our way to Gruene for dinner

Rachel on the skis

My face of determination

ZUMBA. If you don't know what I am talking about, go YouTube Zumba so you know what you are missing out on. I hate working out, I really really do, but I have recently become a Zumba addict. I go to Zumba class Monday-Thursday for an hour each day. It is by far one of the best times of my week! It is an awesome work out and so much fun. A bunch of my friends go with me and we get to shake our hips and break out some crazy dance moves all while sweating our tails off! It's true, our hips don't lie.


Bachelorette-- Chris or Roberto? I am so torn. Chris cracks me up and is so sweet. Roberto is smokin' and really genuine. I'm glad I am not making the decision, I would feel bad cutting either of them.


I get to see Kyle almost everyday on Skype. Skype changes lives, seriously. What if we had to do this the old fashion way where we just wrote letters back and forth? Romantic, maybe. Practical, heck no. Annoying, definitely. I get to see his face every single day. I am a lucky girl! We are going to have a Skype movie date soon, where we will both watch a movie on my computer, even though we are across the world. Precious, I know.


I am still working on Crazy Love, slowly, but surely.
I have had a song stuck in my head all day and I think the lyrics are so beautiful...


What do I Know of Holy by Addison Road


I made You promises a thousand times
I tried to hear from Heaven
But I talked the whole time
I think I made You too small
I never feared You at all No
If You touched my face would I know You?
Looked into my eyes could I behold You?

What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

I guess I thought that I had figured You out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How You were mighty to save
Those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees

What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?

Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?










No comments:

Post a Comment